NHS Treatment levels If you are not exempt from NHS dental charges, you will have to pay one of the following charges for each course of treatment you receive:
Band 1 £22.70
This covers an examination, diagnosis (eg x-rays), advice on how to prevent future problems, a scale and polish if needed, and application of varnish or fissure sealant.
Band 2 £62.10
This covers everything listed in band 1 above, plus any further treatment such as fillings, root canal or if your dentist needs to extract teeth.
Band 3 £269.30
This covers everything listed in bands 1 and 2 above, plus crowns, dentures and bridges.
This covers emergency care only, such as pain relief or a temporary fillings.
- Under 18
- Under 19 and in full-time education
- Pregnant or you’ve had a baby within the 12 months before treatment starts
- You receive income support, income -based Jobseeker’s allowance, incomce-related Employment and Support Allowance or Pension Credit guarantee credit or Universal credit
- You receive a valid NHS tax credit exemption certificate
- You have a valid HC2 certificate
For further information about who is entitled to free NHS dental treatment please click here