10 Tips to promote strong, healthy teeth
Strong, healthy teeth don’t happen by accident. They are the result of a combination of factors relating to your diet and lifestyle, but the most important factor by some distance is good oral hygiene. Here are 10 simple tips you can follow to help ensure you have strong, healthy teeth and good oral hygiene:
- Brush your teeth for two minutes, twice daily: last thing at night is very important and, of course, during the morning before you leave for work. Ideally, use a fluoride toothpaste or one recommended by your dentist or hygienist.
- Use a toothbrush that has a small- to medium-sized head to ensure it can access all of your teeth easily.
- Choose soft to medium, multi-tufted, round-ended nylon bristles.
- Brush your teeth using small, circular movements.
- Consider using an electric toothbrush for better cleaning.
- Change your toothbrush every 3 months.
- Clean in between your teeth every day using interdental brushes and dental floss.
- Avoid consuming sugary drinks and foods.
- Visit your hygienist at least twice a year for a professional clean.
- Visit your dentist at least twice a year for a check-up. Remember – one ounce of prevention is better than a pound of cure!